About Dr. Woodruff
Dr. Woodruff is a licensed psychologist specializing in treatment of anxiety and depression, relationship difficulties, and body image and eating disorders. She works primarily with adults, teens, and their families. Dr. Woodruff earned her Ph.D. from the University of North Texas and trained at Stanford University where she specialized in the treatment of young adults and developed expertise in working with eating disorders, members of the LGBT community, and substance abuse.
Dr. Woodruff is one of the few therapists in the Bay Area who is certified in Family Based Therapy for Eating Disorders, also known as Maudsley therapy (for details, refer to the "Services" section of this website). She provides consultation, outreach services, and educational seminars to the community, schools, and graduate students training to be psychotherapists.
Training and Professional Affiliations:
- Certified in Family Based Therapy for Eating Disorders
- Pre-doctoral internship at Stanford University
- Postdoctoral Residency at Kaiser Permanente, Oakland, CA specializing in co-occurring eating disorders and chemical dependency
- Vice President of Eating Disorder Recovery Support, Inc. a nonprofit for eating disorder recovery
- Membership Chair of the San Francisco Psychological Association
- Provides supervision and consultation to graduate students in their practice of psychotherapy
- Past membership chair of Marin County Psychological Association
- Member of the American and California Psychological Associations
- PhD dissertation grant award recipient in graduate school