About Dr. Woodruff
Dr. Woodruff is a licensed psychologist specializing in treatment of anxiety and depression, relationship difficulties, and body image and eating disorders. She works primarily with adults, teens, and their families. Dr. Woodruff earned her Ph.D. from the University of North Texas and trained at Stanford University where she specialized in the treatment of young adults and developed expertise in working with eating disorders, members of the LGBT community, and substance abuse.
Dr. Woodruff is one of the few therapists in San Francisco who is certified in Family Based Therapy for Eating Disorders, also known as Maudsley therapy (for details, refer to the "Services" section of this website). She provides consultation, outreach services, and educational seminars to the community, schools, and graduate students training to be psychotherapists.
Training and Professional Affiliations:
- Certified in Family Based Therapy for Eating Disorders
- Pre-doctoral internship at Stanford University
- Postdoctoral Residency at Kaiser Permanente, Oakland, CA specializing in co-occurring eating disorders and chemical dependency
- Specialization in marriage and family therapy and child and adolescent development in her PhD program
- PhD dissertation grant award recipient in graduate school
- Supervision of graduate students in the practice of psychotherapy and teaching classes to undergraduate and PhD students in psychology
- Membership chair of the San Francisco Psychological Association
- Executive board Member of Eating Disorder Recovery Support, Inc. of Marin
- Past membership chair of Marin County Psychological Association
- Lead Clinician at The Healthy Teen Project
- Member of the American and California Psychological Associations